OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Office room near the Locker Room

+6
Rebbeca Cromwell
Dorian O'Byrne
Elizabeth Carson
Duncan O Hara
Blueknight
BMtGG
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Office room near the Locker Room - Page 3 Empty Re: Office room near the Locker Room

Post by Blueknight Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Luke will put the marker down and walk over to Duplicity. He will look him straight in the eyes with a rigid look in his face. "Ignorance is a negative aspect I am not welcoming to, and to use that ignorance to someone related to me through tribe will also be unwelcomed. Are we clear? Continuing ones education is a tool used to strength ones mind rather than their body, something you have proven is needed if you fall so short sighted to the importance of a good education."
Blueknight
Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Office room near the Locker Room - Page 3 Empty Re: Office room near the Locker Room

Post by Rebbeca Cromwell Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 pm

"I am getting my Doctrate in Computer Science.  So yes it does help. Knowledge is power.  I just finished getting my Masters.  Knowing ones way around computers, security  systems, oh and gathering information one needs. Can you hack into complex system to take control  of  it. But sure going to school is worthless "

She rolls hers eyes. She looks at Luke.

"Thank you"
Rebbeca Cromwell
Rebbeca Cromwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan O Hara Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Duncan Will walk in between the two garou and smile at both of them

"Hey Guys, Knowledge is power and School is important to anyone who likes it. Let try to save all the Mean words for later and party and also get to know eachother."
Duncan O Hara
Duncan O Hara

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 am

Seeing the glasswalkers get so up in arms over the comment forces the shadowlord to laugh. "Clearly you misunderstand. I was only stating that if you are going to go, you make sure it is something you can use against the wyrm. As garou we don't have the luxury of living peaceful lives. There will always be something coming to knock at your door, and when that day comes you best be ready."

Duplicity sits back on one of the tables as he continues. "Now then, if you would actually think about what others say instead of jumping to half assed conclusions, we won't have any issues. Are we clear?"
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueknight Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Luke's eye twitches, "Don't even try change this up like your the victim that was misunderstood. You told my tribe mate she was doing something that was waste and useless. I know how to read between the lines, so don't think you can feed me bullshit."
Blueknight
Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Duplicity smirks at the little glasswalker. "If you feel that there is a problem then challenge me to the mound. Until then get out of my face Luke. I know what I said and what I meant. If my clarification is not good enough for you then we can easily take this elsewhere."

(I am intimidating enough to make you back down)
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:32 pm

The member 'Duplicity' has done the following action : Roll

'RPS' :
Office room near the Locker Room - Page 3 Paper11

Admin
Admin

https://owbndde.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian O'Byrne Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:28 pm

Dorian seemed to be dozing in a chair at this point, but when he sees the Shadowlord and the Glasswalkers getting antsy, a big grin appears on his face.

He reaches in his satchel, pulls out a notebook and a pen and begins writing quickly.
Dorian O'Byrne
Dorian O'Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueknight Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Luke stands his Ground, Initiating a staredown)
Blueknight
Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:23 pm

The member 'Blueknight' has done the following action : Roll

'RPS' :
Office room near the Locker Room - Page 3 Scisso11

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:28 pm

( retest intimidation)
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:28 pm

The member 'Duplicity' has done the following action : Roll

'RPS' :
Office room near the Locker Room - Page 3 Paper11

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian O'Byrne Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:44 pm

(ST question: Can you contest a challenge with a staredown?)
Dorian O'Byrne
Dorian O'Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan O Hara Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm

"If you Guys Want too, You can always Spare on The Mound? You know instead looking lovingly into eachother eyes."

Duncan will grab another Mountain Dew and Look around.

"I heard the best way to get to know eachother is through Heatlhy Competetion and plus. You dont want to look bad infront of the Eldest Ahroun here, Aka Blood."
Duncan O Hara
Duncan O Hara

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalks-in-the-Valley Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:56 pm

ADMIN HAT ON: What are you guys trying to do?
Stalks-in-the-Valley
Stalks-in-the-Valley

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:00 pm

((I wastrying to do a social challenge so Luke would just go away. I guess he was trying to make it a staredown? Either way my challenge would come first right? I still have a retest.))
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan O Hara Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:03 pm

(Duncan is not going todo anything but watching them two if Luke and Duplicity fight.)
Duncan O Hara
Duncan O Hara

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalks-in-the-Valley Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:28 pm

ADMIN HAT ON: Duplicity Rolled paper. Now Luke needs to roll. Results stand.
Stalks-in-the-Valley
Stalks-in-the-Valley

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueknight Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm

(ok)
Blueknight
Blueknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm

The member 'Blueknight' has done the following action : Roll

'RPS' :
Office room near the Locker Room - Page 3 Scisso11

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Duplicity watches as the ragabash refuses to do anything but be a pain in his tails. "Stubborn fool. That attitude will get you killed one day. Regardless, its no skin off my back to be the adult and let this go. I've better things to do than entertain hot headed idiots." With those words he turns away from Luke, having nothing further to say.

Lighting his third cigarette in a row now, he looks back over his shoulder at everyone while he heads to the door, daring someone to say something.
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan O Hara Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:13 pm

"Maybe once we get settled in, We can probably train and have a few sparring sessions...Eh Dupiclity?"

Smirking playfully at The Shadowlord as he leaves out.

"We all can grow together and build upon eachother strengths. Let not forget that everybody.Were in this together as a family and nation."

Duncan will look around at everybody with a very comfornting Smile.
Duncan O Hara
Duncan O Hara

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:00 am

Duplicity stops and looks at Duncan. "Perhaps. I wouldn't mind a round or two sometime."

As he heads out the door he says one last thing. "If anyone needs me I will be at the green space."
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan O Hara Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:42 am

"Cool beans, Be on the look out for my spirit message Later....It maybe interesting and well worth a listen."

(OOC: The post I put up super earlier today.)
Duncan O Hara
Duncan O Hara

Back to top Go down

Post by BMtGG Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 am

Blood simply just watches the exchange between the young cliath with seemingly no cares in the world. He takes a moment to pay attention to them when they decide to get in one anothers face; but as they back down he pays less attention to them.

"
Let me get on the education soap box for a minute....

You have a point but you and others may not see the whole story. basic Schooling is important for everyone. Being Homid Born you had to suffer through those trials grudgingly for years. Metis, almost never have any formal education and largely learn from the other children assuming they are allowed to play with them. Lupus Born tend to never have any formal education. While you may take basic arithmetic, social studies, state and country history for granted; these are basic things 50% of other garou never learn. Most importantly from the list that I left out, is the ability to read and comprehend. You have been doing it literally your whole life. Metis and Lupus don't tend to learn until years into their life, if ever. All of these things shape and develop you to be able to understand society and deal with it. Which you will learn many Metis and Lupus have problems doing which is why generally focus on garou matters.

To put this to an example. Our friend here is brilliant mind, and a prodigy with computers. I am an Athro Glasswalker and can literally control computers with my mind. They will do whatever I want, as fast as I can think it... She, very likely; would run circles around me on my best day.

My point being, knowledge of Garou aspects and commands of our Gifts will only get you so far. She is inherently smarter than I am on this topic; thus she will be able to do things I either can't or dont understand. If she had my gifts, she would simply leave me in silicone dust with my hard disk spinning.

The same could be said for a ragabash who has no stealth or survival training. Sure; the lunes teach them to be moderately invisible - but if they continuously stand in the light and on noisy leaves; everyone knows where they are anyway.

This does reinforce the brought up point of Learning skills that contribute to Garou Society in some way. To which I say... everything you want to learn; and I mean anything. If you can't contribute with that skill to our society in some meaningful way - I only say.... "not with that attitude you can't"

BMtGG
BMtGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next