OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping The Edge

2 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Keeping The Edge - Page 7 Empty Re: Keeping The Edge

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Once they entered Dia inhaled deeply and sighed happily. Well it wasn't fully home cooking but it was more so than Olive Garden had turned out to be which was good. Rarely had she found a restaurant that the interior was all that fantastic but as long as the food tasted as good as it smelled she didn't care if there were cheesy mustaches painted on all the walls.

Chuckling softly as she pictured mustaches on everything Diana looked at Tenzin "It at least smells more authentic than Olive Garden does" she had to quickly cover her mouth to keep from laughing too loud as her imagination decided to put a mustache on her companion as well. Oh he would look so silly with the big busy mustache.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Tenzin raised an eyebrow in suspicion as he spotted Dia suddenly covering her mouth. What was the matter. Her eyes seemed to fill with a sort of mischief and now his curiosity was perked.

"Is something the matter? Share the joke with the class..." He teased her.

It was not often it seemed that Diana would have a joke or some witty comment she gave that much of a reaction for. Now he had to know. After all what sort of Philodox would he be if he did not investigate the mischief of his fellow sept mates. It could be a fun time anyway. So the question was what was so funny? He tried to focus on her even though they were being guided to one of the many booths in the restaurant. He took off his hoodie and tossed it on the seat before sitting down himself with a smile. He ordered a Coke, no ice. He smiled at her. Still wondering what was so funny.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Diana stifled a giggle as she sat down "W-well my imagination just started running away for a moment there..." She orders a Cherry Coke no ice and pulls out her skech book. She pulls out a loose piece of paper from the back and sets that on the table "Started thinking and an image popped into my head" As she talks she's quickly sketching. She's obviously not trying to go for super detail and is just doing a quick rough sketch.

After a while she turns the sketch around to show him. It's characters of both him and her, they both have big bushy mustaches. It looks like one of those drawings you get from the street venders at the fair. She actually stopped with just the heads but left enough room to draw the tiny bodies should she decide to later. Which more than likely she wouldn't continue as this was just a silly sketch to try and show him the joke. She slides the sketch over to him so he can look at it better and she picks up the menu to try and figure out what to order. And to not look at him since she just showed her art. Granted it wasn't super fancy or all that great but it was still showing someone else what she drew and that always made her feel awkward so she was now tying to hide that fact.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Tenzin smiled, then smirked, then began to chuckle before laughing. He covered his mouth to stifle the noise. This picture was indeed funny. Asian men definitely did not look right with Italian mustaches. However the fact they both had one made it even better. He kept laughing as he imagined himself with the accent to match.

"Itsa me, Tenzin. Diana we needa go defeatah da bad guys!" Tenzin chortled before sliding the picture back to her. "We need Mario and Luigi costumes in that picture" The stargazer had not even looked at the menu by the time the waitress walked over for drinks. He ordered a coke then looked at Dia expectantly.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:45 pm

((Why'd you order another coke.. Silly))

Diana had been taking a drink while Tenzin was busy laughing. However once he started talking in that silly accent she laugh snorted into her drink and splashed it onto the table "Oh jeepers..." she shook her head while smiling as she grabbed napkins and started to clean up the mess she made. Once the waitress arrived she smiled politely at her "S-sorry I made a mess, could I please get some more napkins?" She knew what she was going to order but she needed to clean up her mess first. After she got more napkins and fully cleaned the mess up she ordered the chicken Alfredo. After Tenzin had started talking about tomato sauce she'd realized she wasn't in the mood for red sauce tonight. Maybe next time she'd get the Chicken  Parmesan  
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:05 pm

(Because I forgot that I had done it already lmfao)

Tenzin started laughing louder after she snorted, watching the drink splash onto the table. He covered his mouth to stifle it but he just couldn't stop laughing. He calmed down for a second to try and stare at her seriously but then the giggle loop kicked.

"Zoinks." The laughter triggered once more and he couldn't stop laughing even after the waitress came the first time. Once the poor gal had returned he took a deep breath and looked at her. Well Diana had stolen his plans for food so he picked one at random. "Um yes, can I get the Shrimp Scampi Pasta please and an appetizer of Chicken, Spinach and Bacon Flatbread for us to split? Thank you. If any of that comes with a Salad then French please? Thank you very much."

As the Waitress walked away he held back tears as he wanted to start laughing again. However he remained somewhat silent as he waited for Dia to start up the conversation again.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:49 pm

(Silly head, also he totally could have gotten the same thing she did)

Diana smiled and tried her best not to burst out laughing as well. Which wasn't working so well as she started laughing her self. She couldn't even remember the last time she heard someone laugh that much, or laugh this much herself. Especially not since she'd had her first shift. Seemed like everyone was always so serious and had no time for fun. It was always fight fight fight.

Speaking of fighting once the laughing fits had settled some she smiled at looked at Tenzin "So what got you into learning Martial arts? And if you keep training me you're not going to make me meditate under waterfalls are you?" She's clearly making a joke
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Tenzin looked at her in contemplation for a moment before a sly smile came to his face. His green eyes sparkled dangerously as he looked at her.

"Well little miss Dia, I suppose since you asked. You can go under the waterfall. However I have to warn you. By tradition you may only wear pants and bandages or robes. It's not pleasant and you have to sit under there for hours however you will return from it far more spiritually aware than before. You will learn great truths of the world like... don't sit under a fucking water fall. That bad tropes are bad. Possibly that the fact that people always seem to wear white under them is a bad idea."
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Dia would start another round of laughing fits. Once she calmed down a bit she'd take a few deep breaths "T-that might be because white h-holds the least amount of heat. And clearly the point is to send you on a spirit quest through hypothermia" she would wipe a tear from her eye, all that laughing was making her eyes water "Which really is just a silly and dangerous way to do them but tradition is tradition I suppose"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 pm

"Actually it's the fact that the clothes become transparent but yeah the hypothermia is also a solid problem as well I suppose." Tenzin smirks. "I know as a Garou I can handle any sort of cold they throw at me but having someone sneak up on me while I'm on display would probably make me hide my face for a month. Then again fur is a plus, instant clothes if you need it."

Tenzin smiles as he spots the appetizer being brought to the table. He gives a friendly nod and looks at Dia expectantly.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Dia would frown slightly "What does your clothes being transparent have to do with spirit quests or being awakened....." her eyes widen slightly as she realized what he was talking about "N-never mind" her face reddens as the mental image of transparent clothes pops into her head. She takes a long drink to distract herself while she clears her mind out

"I-in theory you're supposed to be out alone and no one should be near to sneak up on you. I imagine that an elephant could sneak up on someone under a water fall though since you couldn't hear anything other than the rushing water. Even with enhanced hearing. But hey a fur coat would totally keep you warm, then you just get to deal with the smell of wet dog" her nose wrinkles as she imagines the smell even though she knew wolves didn't smell like wet dogs when they were wet
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Fri May 05, 2017 2:28 pm

"You see, in my experience the smell of wet dog goes away when one goes away when you shift back to normal and let the water continue to run over you. It's kind of a great cleanser you know? Anyway now that I have effectively made you blush multiple times tonight I think I will let you ask any question you wish. I'm an open book for the moment." Tenzin gives a friendly smile as he dines on the food.

It was good. Not as meaty as he really wanted it to be but it was good. The flavors will fulfilling and tasteful. Next time he would order something with more spice to it. Tenzin looked over Dia thoughtfully and contemplated her capabilities in his head. She was meek to say the least but she seemed very intelligent, an excellent trait in an aspiring Theurge. Shame she seemed to be very submissive. She would need to grow some spine to eventually deal with the war spirits and their fiery personalities.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Dia took a few bites of her food making a happy noise after her first bite. She slowly chewed her food as she thought about what else to ask. They'd talked about family, school, what he'd wanted to do before his shift. Tenzin had started training her fight and the only other thing she could think she needed to do was talk to the master of rites about learning more.

"H-honestly I don't know. We've already been talking about so much I don't know what else to possibly ask...We've both only recently moved here so I don't think you know others all that well for me to ask about who else lives here...I guess....what's your preferred swimming style?" she smiled at him after she asked a question. It probably wasn't what he was expecting but it was still a question
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Well that's a new question. What were all the styles again? He never really practiced all that many and to be honest he never bothered to learn their names. Now that he was asked he wasn't sure if he should care about them or not. He seriously doubted that his life would depend on knowing the difference between doggy and whatever else there was. Tenzin's brow narrowed as he tried to remember the name of anything other than doggy paddle. How was this a hard question? Finally he just made something up to get the question out of the way.

"Um I don't have a favorite really? How about you? What is your preferred way to swim? Personally I'm a big fan of... swimming..." His voice faltered. Yup, there was no good ways to answer this for him without googling the answer.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Dia would giggle softly, sounded like Tenzin didn't know much about the styles of swimming. Which is understandable not everyone knew the names of them. They mostly just swam which every way was easier on them and kept them from drowning.  "Freestyle and the back stroke were always my favorite. I w-was never very good at the breast stroke. Butterfly I c-could do decently enough but I never could go very fast with either of those two." She would take a few more bites pausing while she thought more. Her answer wasn't completely correct and honest so she should probably correct that "Well to be fair I mostly did the front crawl during freestyle..."
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum