OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping The Edge

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Keeping The Edge - Page 3 Empty Re: Keeping The Edge

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Tenzin does a quick speed drill on the bag before slowing down to rhythmic strikes. Just alternating knee blows while using his arms to lift himself faster with the lunge.

"Well you see Dia, the thing is this. When I came here I came looking for a Sept that had established family in it. I have cousins that live here and they're of what could be considered high rank. They're not Elders... yet." Another knee strike. "Anyway I knew where I was going when I got here and when I met the Sept Alpha he recognized me for what I was. I was giving a similar statement like you however they knew who I will likely join and I think the family might have a reputation for good things here. I hope anyway. Regardless I immediately offered myself as a Guardian and because of my ties here they made me one. As you saw, I do my job like clockwork and I am good at it. Just a quick interrogation when people want in and I will not let some slick just walk on in with a quick 'hey howdy do' or whatever it's called." Tenzin stopped and leaned on the bag a bit while he breathed. "I came here to join my cousins and grow as a Garou and person. Being an adult and all that. I hit Cliath, earned my deed name and the person responsibility said it was time to leave the nest so here I am. Flying on my own sorta."

The Philodox chuckled and looked back at the nerdy little thing sitting on the floor. It was rather amusing. They had a lot in common, both barely adults and here they were. Enjoying a breath of fresh air while awaiting the next battle in the war to save the world. It was so wrong. Children, adult, the blood didn't care. If you were destined then you were going to turn at some point and be sent straight to the Sept to be taught to be a warrior. However someone had to do it and he'd do it with a smile on his face. Even when it was hard to have a smile. Someone had to cull the insanity from the world.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:45 pm

After adjusting her glasses she frowns slightly at him "So...you just up and left one part of your family to join the other? I take it you're close with you cousins here? So were you raised among the Garou?" Hearing tales of those who were raised in the nation was always interesting. She knew it typically wasn't normal to be what they considered a 'lost cub' but she'd heard more and more stories of that being the case. I guess it's kind of hard to keep track of everyone when you're fighting a war. And since not everyone showed breeding or even shifted she could see how many slipped through the cracks.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:55 pm

"That is not what I said."  Tenzin breathes.  "I said I left to join my cousins, not that I abandoned other family.  No, I wasn't raised amongst the Garou.  I lived with my family like a normal Kin.  How about you Dia?  Seeing how we're exchanging backgrounds."  He gave a coy smile. He was fine with swapping a little bit of backstory if she wanted however he had some questions. She probably would not like all of them. Especially when they readdressed another topic from before.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:01 pm

she shook her head "I'd never heard of the Garou till I shifted. I suppose had we stayed in one place for long might have heard about it from old family friends. But as I said, we moved around a lot. How is being raised 'like a normal Kin' different than being raised among the Garou?" She actually sets her pencils down and looks at him while they talk now. How was being raise Kin so different? Well besides probably the training but could it really be so much different?
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:10 pm

"Oh that's simple. You don't know anything about the garou really. Like I had not been let in on the whole 'by the way grandma's a werewolf' or something similar to that. My life for the most part was normal. I saw my cousins, had an Aunt who seemed angry always but now that I'm Garou I just recognize it as rage. I wonder at times if any friends of the family were Garou or if they were there to see if I would make a good mate for one. Shame for them. This guy is now Garou himself." Tenzin takes a moment to laugh at the thought. "But no, to my understanding. Normal Kin don't usually know much if anything about the war. They're supposed to live and breed. I don't particularly agree with the way it's put, sounds too much like cattle, but I get it."
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 pm

"Sounds like rubish to me. Why not let them know there's a possibility of them suddenly freaking out and becoming a werewolf. Why keep them in the dark that because of their blood and families blood that they could do more to help mother and to protect her. Seems silly to only use them as breeding stock or some other such nonsense...I mean...I understand not wanting them to know all the horrible things out there but...seems like they could help do more good if they knew.."  the Theurge would pick her pencil back up and go back to sketching
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:23 pm

"I did not say I completely agreed with it. I said I understood it. The problem isn't people knowing there are horrible things out there. It's them knowing too much about the Garou. What happens when a kinfolk knows everything becomes unfortunate enough to fall victim to a Leech? Now we have a vampire who knows us inside and out and will hunt for whatever reason. Seems like they shed their loyalties when they turn. Just care about eating people. So now they're going to go after everyone's families and know what to expect from us to stop the former kin. It's better they don't know. They can't hurt others that way if they fall to the Wyrm. It's not just to protect them, it's to protect everyone. Well that's the only way I can justify it anyway."

Tenzin grows kind of quiet at the thought. "So what happened to your mother?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:30 pm

"hmm? Oh I was referring to Gaia with the mother comment. They do call her Mother Earth sometimes after all" theres a pause in her talking as she shades in a potion of her drawing. After she shades it she lifts it up in front of her tilting it left then right before setting it back down in her lap and continues "I suppose when you put it that way it makes sense....just still doesn't set right because the leeches could get one of us as well and then what. Not only do they have our knowledge they have our gifts as well"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:43 pm

"That would require them to get one of our Garou to get a leech to get our gifts. However I thought Garou couldn't turn. Thought they always died in the attempt. Hmmm that's interesting. I'll have to do some research now that I'm thinking about it. Thank you for giving me something to look up now. So Dia, what was your raising like?"

Tenzin smiles at her kindly yet curiously. They had not known each other long but it was quickly becoming obvious that the two of them were going to become fast friends.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:05 pm

She starts frowning at the drawing "Pretty simple really. Moved around a lot so not many friends. New schools constantly." She kind of huffs at the drawing and turns the page "I guess it would be considered 'typical human upbringing'? I think wouldn't be an appropriate way of putting it" she hunts around in her bag for a while and pulls out her charcoal set.  Before using them she puts her pencils away "Made the shift sometime last year and I've been learning of this wonderful new world of ours" As she talks she starts a new drawing "I don't know what Garou do if a leech tried to turn them. I've only hear a few stories about them. But we fall is it so hard to believe one wouldn't 'fall' and become friends with the leeches. You wouldn't even have to fall really if you think about it...."
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Tenzin gives Dia a very serious look as she says that a vampiric Garou wasn't really a fall. He leaned back and waited for her to continue. One would have to fall far to become a Garou Leech Hybrid or at least in his eyes. It would have to be extremely far. The thought of the Wyrm getting into his body was disgusting. Willingly letting it happen was an alien thought. He stared at her and gestured for her to continue. This was going to be her tale to say and he was hoping it was going to be a good one. However naivety was a thing and perhaps he could correct her when she was done. Dia was a peculiar one, he gave her that.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:31 am

Diana would continue to sketch for a few minutes not realizing Tenzin was looking at her the way he was. After a while she'd realized he hadn't spoken and glance up. Now what was that look for? Maybe she'd said something dumb again?

"W-well...let's make up a situation? Say there are two best friends. Pretty much been inseparable since birth. Families all love each other life is good. One turns out to be garou. Doesn't tell them, they continue to be friends. Not a veil breach if you're friends with non garou right? Then the sibling of the best friend gets turned into a leech. Not all leeches are hundreds of years old right?" She'd pause and frown with her head tilting. Maybe they were all? She just assumed that they'd make new ones every once in a while. Perhaps all vampires were ancient and they didn't make any new ones.

"Now what is the Garou supposed to do? Just kill the one who was like a sibling to them? Can they just ignore it and continue to be friends with them?What if they didn't want to be turned? I don't know if it's a thing but I used to read books and sometimes the leeches didn't want to be turned. Can you undo it and turn them back human? Or are you already doomed the moment a leech decides you'd make a good companion?" As she speaks her voice gets lower and softer. Eventually she just stops talking and quits sketching and is looking down at her sketch pad "Does not wanting to kill one you love make you a fallen?" She finally looks up at him. She looks sad but not like the story is something she experienced more like the whole thought of having to do that or that it could be possible is just unsettling to her. Tenzin was a Philodox so surely he'd have a better understanding of the rules and what should be the outcome of that situation. She kind of figured she knew but the thought still wasn't a pleasant one to her
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Tenzin knew the answer the minute she began to ask the question. It was not an answer anyone wanted to hear. Word choice, proper word choice was going to be the hard part about this question. The seconds felt like hours but he had been taught and trained on how to answer questions like this. There was the answer.

"Not wanting to kill someone you love does NOT make you a Fallen. Refusing to do your duty as a Garou and a Friend does. The person in your story has a duty both as a Garou and his friend to give the newly turned Leech that was his friend a quick death. To let him die as himself or whatever it is that the leech curse turns you into. And if he is unable to do it himself then it's duty to tell someone who can. One can not be friends with a vampire. By 'ignoring it' you are condemning that person's soul to the Wyrm and who knows how many lives as it hunts and feeds or turns others. So the question to you Dia, are you okay with being responsible for the death of every single person that leech kills? Everyone person who suffers when it stalks them or forces them to do Gaia knows what? That is the true question. And if you're okay with that. Would you be willing to bear the consequences when you're found out and presented to a council of Philodox to judge you?" Tenzin's voice while speaking is cold, his feelings were completely cut off while he discussed the results of such a decision and what it would do to people and finally what the Garou would do to the one responsible.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:34 pm

She would continue to speak softly "Yea, I kind of figured that would be your answer. You're a judge who isn't supposed to let emotions get in the way, not to mention you view things differently..." Diana chews on her bottom lip as she considered his questions then looks down at her lap "Could I kill one I love, assuming there is no way to reverse and get someone back from being a leech....no I couldn't. Could I turn them over and allow someone else to do it? I could lie and say absolutely but the truth is....I don't know. People can say they'll do this and that in any given situation but that's a lie...." a soft sigh "Should I chose not to and could I accept being judged and punished if I was found out? Being judged and punished is nothing new so yes. Could I accept that all who die after I did nothing was all on my head?" she would shrug slightly but not answer. She didn't have one. After a long pause she would speak again "I suppose once I learn and do more as a Garou my mind will change. Maybe eventually I could kill all I love should that situation or a similar one comes up...as I am now though I know I couldn't...or won't however you want to look at it...and I'll pray to Mother that I never have to...."

Unlike the Philodox in front of her she couldn't just shut off her emotions. Nor could she understand it. How could one be able to kill their father, or mother, or even their wife/husband? Maybe once you've seen enough or done enough it was easy. She was still to new to understand it though. However hearing the tone in Tenzin's voice she was pretty sure he would have no problem with killing someone he cared about. She wasn't sure how she felt about that though. 
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 pm

The differences in opinion between the Philodox and Diana were quickly becoming discovered. She was softer and gentle soul while he had seen things she had not; yet. Death wasn't as new to him as it was to her. However the Philodox had also been taught to shut off those pesky things like emotions when he's on the job. He couldn't afford to let himself get too angry or sympathetic when he's judging someone. Every ruling had to be proper and punishment; balanced. Philodox carried the weight of the Litany and the Garou Nation on their shoulders. They had the duty of punishing their own and for that they were often villains. Tenzin's eyes got a questioning look as he looked at her's.

"So judged and punished for what?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:15 pm

"Hmm?" She looked quizzically at him. "Oh, for existing. I seem to rub people the wrong way or something." She would give a half shrug, almost dismissively. After a moment she would take her glasses off and rub her eyes and face. All this looking up and down and refocusing was starting to giver her a headache. She'd forgotten that she'd switched to her charcoals and that having rubbed her face there would now be streaks of black on it.

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Tenzin raises an eyebrow at the topic dodge but chuckles and tosses his shirt at her. The nerd was adorable at times even though she was naive to a lot of things that plagued them. There was a charcoal mark going down her face. He non nonchalantly gestures to his own face where Dia had marked herself.

"So why do people not like you for existing? I've yet to find a flaw in your existence yet. In fact you seem to do everything in your power not to be a problem for anyone... so who has this issue with you Dia?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:07 pm

The shirt hits her in the face and she kind of just sits there for a moment, most likely in shock or confusion. After taking the shirt off her head she looks puzzled at him. Seeing him point at his own face she noticed her hands had charcoal on them. Embarrassed her face turns red and she tries to wipe the markings off

"I don't like causing problems....doesn't seem to help though... Wrong place wrong time. Wrong place right time. Right place wrong time. Right place right time. Not strong enough. Not smart enough. Too smart. Normal. Freak." she tilts her head slightly, her hair falling in front of her face for a moment  "Doesn't seem to matter too so many what you do, no one can ever seem to get it right. Their not happy in their lives so they can't stand to see others happy in theirs. Doesn't seem right but we all judge everyone and do it non the less."

Too be fair, there were a lot less problems for her since her shift. Thankfully the kids at school were too afraid to go near her. A few over zealous kids at her old school still tried but she hadn't yet been at this one long enough to cause problems. Or at least none she knew about yet
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Oh that was rough. Diana had definitely lived the stereotype of a nerdy, smart girl in school. He could only wonder how many times she had her lunch money stolen. Poor way for a future Garou to be raised. Tenzin sighed and smirked as she wiped off her face. Well it was clean now. Well cleaner depending on what part of the shirt she used.

"I didn't have that issue when I was younger but then again people just assumed I was some Bruce Lee in the making except for my friends. One of the little ass holes joking gave me his math homework once and said 'You like doing math homework right? You're Asian.' Oh that little bastard." Tenzin laughed about it.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:51 pm

For a while Diana actually kept her glasses off even though the room was nothing but a giant blur. She'd chuckle softly "What did you do after he said that?" When she was younger. That kind of thing was still happening to her now that she was 'older' she'd over heard a few of the other Garou talking about how much use could a Garou be who was losing their eye sight. Luckily for her they weren't in charge of her or her training so she managed to avoid them for the majority of her time there.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm

"I punched him." Tenzin laughed. He had punched the guy in the chest, not that hard but he had. "He looked so surprised to like he didn't think that being that racist was a punch-able offense. I begged the differ. It was funny now that I think on it." He chuckles and looks at her. Dia looked like one who was always on the receiving end of the lash. It was a shame seeing how she was soft spoken and did not strike him as a trouble maker. Well no one had ever accused the world of being a caring place. It was cruel and anyone who said otherwise was trying to sell you something.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm

A soft chuckle would escape her mouth "I can see how that would have been a shock for him. Sounds like you let him off light. He didn't strike back I take it?" She would tuck her hair back behind her ear and watch the blur that was Tenzin. Eventually she would put her glasses back in but sometimes it was nice not having them on. Even if that didn't run the risk of just making her eyes worse.  
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 pm

"Nah, he knew why I did it and I guess to some degree he blamed himself for not seeing it coming. It would have been fun I'm sure. Though I think I would have won that little spat." Tenzin smirked at the memories of him and his friends back in the day. Missed some of those guys. There were good friends but the farther away he was the safer they were most likely. Trouble followed the Garou and he refused to have his friends or family be pulled into the stupid.

"So how about you Dia? Have any little tiffs with friends?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Tenzin carried out 1 launched of one RPS :
Keeping The Edge - Page 3 Rock11
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 pm

"Everyone fights from time to time. I can't remember one that ended quite the way yours did I'm afraid" Her eyes unfocused a little as she thought. When was the last time she'd had someone she considered a friend? She had had a few when she was real little but as she'd gotten older and her gifts had started manifesting they'd gone away. A few here and there but moving as much as they had made keeping in touch with them hard so they fell apart. "Pushing each other into the creek and flinging mud at each other is the closest to like yours I can remember"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum