OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping The Edge

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Keeping The Edge - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeping The Edge

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 pm

"hmmm" She wasn't really sure how to respond to that. Sure the nation 'helped' their own. So long as it was among your own tribe. She still didn't understand most of the anger she saw between certain tribes and people that she'd heard about as she was learning. It didn't sound to her like anyone really helped anyone, unless it could server them in some way. Hopefully she'd just witnessed a few bitter Garou and not everyone in the nation was like that. So far she hasn't seen any hostility among those who called here their home. It'd only been a few days since she'd finally found the right phone.

"Warriors. Right...we're all warriors now. Still so much to learn...so little time.." she kind of gets a spacy look on her face like she's getting lost in thought. Wonder if I can learn under the Master Theurge here, or find a higher ranking one than myself...I might not be good at fighting but I can still help with the spirits

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 pm

"That is indeed the duty of the Garou. We are to be the warriors of Gaia and protect what is her's, violently if we must. Which means we're almost always having to kill something now. May we thank the madness of the civilization and it's 'need' to subjugate the world around them rather than live in harmony with it."

Tenzin cracked his back and hopped up on his feet and started stretching. His muscles gleamed in the light as he made sure all his body was lose for another round of drills. A few hops and then he walked in front of an average punching bag. He looked over his shoulder at her.

"Hey Diana, I don't suppose you can do me a favor and pick out a song for me to do kicking drills to? It's easier when I got a beat to follow."
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:58 pm

"M-me?!" Her eyes would widen and she'd look around for a sound system or something. A song for him to listen to?! I don't even know where anything is here...

She slowly got up and walked around looking for something to play the music from. How was she supposed to know what he would want to listen to?? Well she had recently discovered Icon for Hire but she had no idea what his taste in music was. What was he thinking asking her to do this?! "Well...Up in Flame had a nice beat to it..." she softly says under her breath as she's walking
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:18 pm

The sound of a guitar began to fill the air, followed by the sound of a woman singing. Tenzin looked around a bit confused. Slowly he turned and wondered how she did that. This was weird. Finally he sighed and squared off with the punching bag. He bounced to the beat a bit before getting to it. He kicked the bag to teh sound of the beat before quickly swapping the stance to repeat the kick. He did it to the beat. The sound of the snare being emphasized by his leg slamming into the pad.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 pm

"I....what?" Diana looked around extremely confused. She hadn't found anything that looked like a sound system. Nor had she even touched anything yet. So where was that music coming from?

"Oh jinkies..." She wasn't sure she'd ever get used to this place. At least is responded to her muttering and not getting the song from her thoughts. That was a plus.

Glancing back she noticed Tenzin had already started his training back up. What in the name of Gaia is that supposed to be?
This new training looked extremely odd to her but it wasn't like she even knew half of what type of training there was out there. Especially not in martial arts.

Now what was she supposed to do? Did she wait for him to finish up again to see if he wanted to still talk to her? He didn't tell her to leave but he also didn't say anything about her staying.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Slowly in threw the nose, out through the mouth. A short breath out every kick. Timing and placement of every kick as he continued his endurance training. He alternated sides as he kicked, working out each leg equally. Tenzin didn't let himself focus too much, this time keeping his mind open to the presence of his company.

"So what were you sketching earlier?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:57 pm

She had just decided she would leave him to his training and was in the process of picking up her bag when he spoke. Well foo. She'd hoped he'd forget that she was drawing earlier. Lying was an option she guessed but he was only asking about the one. Not to mention she hadn't even started on the details of the body yet so it wasn't too embarrassing. At least not this one picture. After debating with her self a little longer she finally decided to answer, besides it's not like she was going to show it to him "You"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:01 pm

You. Her voice echoed in his head. Wait... wha~ oh shit!

Tenzin was mid kick as she answered. He head turned to look at her on reflex which was not a good decision. His foot over rotated and he threw too much weight into the kick all because he wanted to turn to look. The result was his body throwing itself forward as the Philodox was thrown off balance. He fell into the bag, almost hitting it face first but he caught himself. However it threw off his breathing.

"Wait you were drawing... M-Me?!"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Oh that look like it could have hurt "A-are you ok?" Part of her wanted to laugh at the completely dumb founded look on his face the other part was worried he might have hurt himself and that he might now be mad at her.

She continued picking up her back and slung it over her shoulders while she waited for him to answer. Answering his second question just seemed silly, why would she have lied about drawing him?
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Tenzin still looked utterly surprised as he righted himself. He wasn't worried about having hurt himself. He had not impacted anything nearly hard enough to hurt himself though he had definitely landed wrong. Oh well, nothing that he wouldn't be over in about fifteen seconds. Turning to completely face Diana he raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Oh I'm fine. Just a bit confused. So uh~ what does it look like? Wait why me?" Tenzin looked down to quickly access himself as to why she would might potentially want to draw him. Oh wait, never mind he saw why. Tenzin did have a martial artists build; lean and tone with the muscle needed to destroy a foe's body. Diana was, yeah she was a teenager. He felt some sort of mental slap from his inner conscious; oh yeah, so was he. This was more than a bit awkward as he placed his hands on his hips and looked Diana over now that he was actually looking everything over in more detail.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 pm

She'd give a slight shrug "Incomplete. It's not finished yet. And I didn't realize I was drawing you till after a good bit was compete. That happens a lot when I draw. Sometimes I don't even know what it is till it's compete..." Wait. Why was he looking her up and down like that? Did she have something on her shirt?

She frowns and looks down at her self much like he had just done. She couldn't see any stains or anything, she always made sure he clothes were clean and neat. Always folded and put away after she washed them. She didn't like the idea that there might be something on them "What? What are you looking at?"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 pm

"Oh okay, I see.  Well I see nothing wrong with drawing."  Tenzin looks at pad and squares up with it.  "So was this the angle?  Or were you looking at my back?  I wasn't quite paying to attention to where you were sitting when I caught you in the middle of your sketching." He said and looked at the bag once more.  He had never sketched or really drawn anything before besides except for maybe art class back when he was in high school.  That had been a while though he should probably have focused on it more with how he wanted to be a video game developer once upon a time. The Philodox waited patiently for her to respond. He wasn't used to trying to model or make it so someone could draw him.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Her eyes widen slightly.Was he...posing? "U-uh..it was mostly side profile. You were moving since you were practicing." She adjusted her glasses, she'd drawn still items in art class but the people she usually drew were always in motion and not posing. Or people she hadn't met.  Diana honestly wasn't even sure she could draw someone standing still. "A-are....are you posing?"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:04 pm

"I~, I am." Tenzin coughed awkwardly before scratching his head. This was weird, he didn't want to be rude by not letting her finish the picture. What was the proper etiquette thing here? Well she said he was moving so he threw a few light jabs at the bad then began to throw kicks. These didn't have an actual discernible patter to it. He wasn't quite sure what the right combos were at this moment. Usually he just focused on the training but now he was doing it intentionally for an audience.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Diana covers her mouth as she giggles slightly. He looked so awkward right now. "Well...if you want me to go back to drawing I can...you don't have to though. You also don't have to worry about posing, just practice and forget I'm here. Shouldn't be too hard right" she'd smile at him
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Tenzin nods ever so slightly before relaxing a little bit. So just train, training was easy. He thought a moment before saying aloud.

"A light that never comes - Linkin Park." With that the music begins to change and he smiles. Okay so that's how that works. He chuckles and begins to go through the same old drills. Punch, punch, kick, punch, punch, kick. Punch, elbow, gut punch, knee, elbow again. Just go through the maneuvers, eventually he chills a bit. Life was getting a bit less weird.

"Just do what you would like. Draw, sit and talk. It's all your choice Diana. So is that your preferred name or do you got some nickname people should be calling you?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Diana goes and finds a seat a little closer to him now that she doesn't have to worry about starteling him. Pulling out her sketch pad she chuckles quietly but with a slight bit of bitterness "Oh, people call me plenty. But my given name is Diana" she then sits cross legged and adjust her glasses. Now where did she leave off in the drawing

The Theurge can easily find the page she was working on and scans over it while trying to figure out where to pick back up from. Picking a starting point she goes back to drawing after a quick glance at the Phiolodox
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 pm

"I didn't ask for your given name..." He threw a high kick, connecting at head level. "I asked what you wanted me to call you or is that your answer?" Tenzin took a step back before lunging forward before going into a flying knee that would connect at chest level. He chuckles as hears the impact. That noise always let him know that he was doing it right. The good news about punching bags was that they were really hard to break unless he went Crinos. He'd be able to use the thing and beat it up with damaging it. The Philodox continued his training while he awaited her answer, silently curious about her bitterness at the question.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 am

Another shrug "Diana's fine" she pauses and focuses on shading for a moment "Used to be called Dia when I was younger but no one really calls me that now" she looked up and fixed her glasses while watching  Tenzin for a while.  Frowning momentarily she goes back to sketching.

Why was she actually talking so much? It was weird. This was the longest conversation she'd had with someone in a long while besides her father. Maybe it was because he was actually talking to her and asking questions? Either way this was weird to her. Now why did she just draw that? She shakes her head slightly and goes back to sketching
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Slowly the awkwardness faded as he felt his chakra begin to flow more freely. Each blow landed in time with the beat. Punches alternated with kicks and occasionally he threw in a more complicated move just to up the challenge. The song was the rhythm he followed. Punches with the guitar while he kept his kicks in time with the base notes. Tenzin had listened to this song too many times. However it was a great song to train to. It was one of the small beauties he had stumbled upon on Youtube.

"Dia huh? Catchy." Tenzin commented.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:37 pm

"Some thought so as well...hmmm" she chewed on one of her pencils as she scanned over the drawing. It felt like she was missing something but she couldn't figure out what. Huffing slightly she takes a small break and watches Tenzin for a while. He clearly did this a lot. She couldn't see any hesitation in his movements. It was also nice to see he wasn't getting so in grossed in it that he tore it apart and threw it at her again. To be fair she wasn't sure he even knew he almost hit her. Seeing as how she'd snuck in in him in the first place. Probably would have served her right to have gotten whacked with it.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:03 pm

A chuckle is heard from his lips as he continues his motions.

"Well are we wrong to find it catchy Dia?" Tenzin didn't look behind him but he kinda smirked. That name was more to his liking. Much quicker and a better flow to it. He took a step back and swapped stances to something more fluid while he focused his chakra [Manipura]. The Philodox began to strike faster and harder as he now alternated between strikes and grappling techniques.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:20 pm

"Why would you be wrong in your opinion?" Wow it was weird hearing her childhood nickname from someone other than her father. It was kind of nice to hear it from another again.

"Oh!" She finally thought of what was missing and started drawing again. After a moment she starts talking again "So how long have you lived in the city?" She starts humming softly while she waits for him to answer
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:47 pm

"Eh just over a week." Tenzin says as though that's nothing. He smirks more and begins to alternate knees and elbows in what looks very much like a Moi Thai technique on the punching bag. He doesn't let the bag move away from him. Any attempt for it to swing back is held with a free hand as he continues this technique.

Wait didn't she say she moved into the city a few weeks ago?
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Diana pauses and looks up at him with a dumbfounded look on her face "Only a week?! I thought...." she closed her mouth. I thought he'd have been here longer since he was a guardian....still questioning if he's a philodox she watched him beat on the bag for a few more moments "What brought you here then?"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum